Friday, December 07, 2007

The Jane Fonda List

I will not watch a movie in which Hanoi Jane appears, whether it is in a theatre or my television. I will not support her, just like she did not support the US Troops. My boycott is approaching its 30th birthday.

A few years ago, I created a list of businesses that I will not patronize because a vehicle with the business name plastered on it rudely cut me off, ran a signal light or otherwise engaged in abhorrent driving. It is a growing list and I dubbed it the Jane Fonda List.

Yes, I have been known to dial the telephone number on the vehicle and leave a message to the effect that if they conduct their business like they or their employees drive . . .

The businesses, like Jane Fonda probably care less, but I sure feel better.

No comments:

 
Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites