Saturday, November 11, 2006

Dean Karnaze - the real Forest Gump

With apologies to Mr. Hanks . . . Dean Karnaze started running and he just kept on running. After finishing 50 marathons in 50 different states over a period of 50 consecutive days Karnaze simply could not quit. Now he is running from New York City to his home in San Francisco.

Why is he doing it?

Karnaze is unemployed, having given up his "real job" before commencing his 50 marathon adventure. He writes that running is how he feeds is family.

Okay, admittedly, I am jealous that Karnaze can feed his family doing what I do to burn stress, fat and keep my heart pumping. But I can not help but wondering what Karnaze is running from. I escape for a couple hours at a time. I can not imagine escaping for ten or fifteen hours a day. I can not imagine the endorphin high.

Runner's World is following Karnaze's new journey. They are tracking his progress via GPS linked here at Runner's World. Read Karnaze's Blog linked here.

Run Dean, run . . .

No comments:

 
Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites