Saturday, May 13, 2006

Another apology - again, not Mr. Hughes

ESPN baseball analyst Rick Sutcliffe stepped in it on Thursday when he stopped by the local television broadcast booth of a Brewers-Padres game in San Diego - then he was man enough to apologize.

ESPN reports:

Sutcliffe issued this statement: "I appreciate the opportunity to address the situation that occurred last night in San Diego. While spending a week off in California, I planned a day of golf and attendance at a ball game as a fan with friends. I want to assure everyone that I was not drinking and driving. Towards the end of a long day on the golf course and evening at the game, I made a brief visit to my former co-workers in the Padres television broadcast booth.
"I was offered the opportunity to make a guest appearance on the air. At that time, I exercised bad judgment and accepted, even though I was not in optimum condition to go on live television. I regret that lapse in judgment and my decision and I sincerely apologize," he said. (Emphasis added.)

And he didn't even tell his employers to "take a hike."

Craig Nichols, general manager of the station, said: "[Sutcliffe] used remarkably poor judgment. I'm embarrassed. I'm embarrassed for the Channel 4 team, and I'm embarrassed for the viewers." (Emphasis added.)
Rambus Inc. shareholders are wondering if the Board of Directors have similar thoughts.

No comments:

 
Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites